by Hannah Nicholson, opinion editor
On Dec. 21, Saegertown High School will hold its second annual Lip Sync in the auditorium during the morning classes as part of the holiday celebrations before break. Students get the opportunity to have fun with their friends and entertain their peers instead of sitting in class anxiously counting down the minutes until they can go home.
Students and teachers alike will perform a variety of songs and dances on stage. There are a total of eight acts:
- Act One- Aaron Brown and Carson Jones with “Call Me Al” by Paul Simon
- Act Two- Joey Crain Jones with “Immortals” by Fall Out Boy
- Act Three- Kylie Beck and Colton Beck with “The Campfire Song” by Spongebob SquarePants
- Act Four- Elijah Campbell with “Simple Man” by Shine Down
- Act Five- Braeden Kantz, Cody Mulligan, Julia Sada, and Taylor Shultz with “Jingle Bell Rock” by Joe Beal and Jim Boothe
- Act Six- Kat Diesing with “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne
- Act Seven- Mike Chess, and Stevie Siple with “She Thinks my Tractor’s Sexy” by Kenny Chesney
- Act Eight- A Special Surprise Group with “YMCA” by The Village People
The Lip Sync is not just fun and games. Judges Mr. Scott Bidwell and Mr. Phil Young will determine the best act based on song choice, coordination, choreography, costumes and props, and audience reaction. The show starts at 9 a.m. May the best lip syncer win.
Journalism Adviser, Saegertown Jr. Sr. High School