By Bree Snyder, staff writer
Everybody loves a good rom-com whether they’re recovering from a recent heartbreak, feeling particularly lonely or are just in the mood to laugh.
Romantic comedies are light-hearted movies containing a humorous plot line revolving around romance. Though they are often referred to as “chick flicks” and dismissed as senseless and dull, rom-coms appear to be making a comeback in pop culture.
Is there a better way to spend a cozy night in with your significant other than settling down with a good rom-com?
That being said, finding a good rom-com in an overly saturated genre can be tough. Below are several lists that detail the best of the best.
According to ‘Rotten Tomatoes,’ the best rom-coms of all time are as follows:
- It Happened One Night (1934)
- The Big Sick (2017)
- The Philadelphia Story (1940)
- Roman Holiday (1953)
- My Man Godfrey (1936)
According to ‘Seventeen,’ the most anticipated rom-coms of 2019 are:
- What Men Want (out February 8)
- Isn’t It Romantic (coming out Feb. 14)
- Five Feet Apart (coming out Mar. 22)
- Aladdin (coming out May 24)
- All The Bright Places (currently no release date)
According to ‘Rotten Tomatoes,’ the best rom coms currently on Netflix are:
- Lovesick (2015)
- Catching Feelings (2018)
- Lust Stories (2018)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018)
- Tramps (2016)